085 – Ana Nowosielska: Altered Sky, Music Education & Audience Building
This week, we’re excited to welcome Altered Sky vocalist and songwriter Ana Nowosielska to the show! Altered Sky are a Glasgow based rock band who have built themselves a loyal fanbase, won critical acclaim from publications such as Rock Sound, Kerrang! and have been tipped by Apple Music and the Huffington Post as a band to watch out for in 2016.
In addition to standard shows, the band also does an “edu-tour” which includes an acoustic or full band performance, paired with a careers-oriented seminar about the music industry which focuses on a student’s potential role as a professional musician. Their self funded album Without Wonderland is out now.
- Ana is an avocado enthusiast and gamer nerd!
- We hear how touring is still one of the most effective ways of building an audience
- Meeting people on tour helps to build a personal connection
- We hear about Altered Sky’s edu-tours and how they teach students how they can work in the music industry
- “You can make a career in the music industry, because I’m standing here – I’m doing it”
- Ross makes a pretty huge research faux pas in which he marries Ana and Altered Sky’s bass player
- We hear all about Altered Sky’s debut album “Without Wonderland” and the search for their sound
- Social media is increasingly where you’ll start to build your audience
- The numbers don’t really mean anything without the connection with your audience
- Be yourself on social media!
- Website: http://alteredsky.com
- Twitter: @alteredsky / @ahnuhhh
- Instagram: @alteredsky
- Facebook: /alteredsky
- Chris Keaton @ Chris Keaton Presents
- The Rock/Star Advocate
- Buck Naked Soap Company
- Christine Infanger @ Thirty Roses