Nick Cino: Getting Your Music on Radio Playlists & Touring Advice
Joining us this week out of Ontario is Nick Cino. Nick was the Evening Announcer and host of the Indie Show at radio station Y108 in Hamilton, Ontario from 2010-2018. Nick is also a singer, songwriter and musician, currently fronting Fool’s Union.
Nick has spent the last 20 years performing in various bands including Neoprene, The Misssissippi Kings, City and The Sea, and The Coverboards, playing in venues across Canada, United States and Europe. In this interview we hear the advice he’d offer to musicians and other creative professionals.
- Nick shares the biggest thing he’s learned from touring
- Nick Cino on touring: “You have to get people on board before you show up in their town”
- We talk about the importance of being active on social media as a musician
- Nick talks about what radio programmers look for when adding music to a radio playlist
- “A lot of the decisions on radio programming are based on the presentation that the artist puts forth” – Nick Cino
- We talk about the importance of getting feedback as a band or musician
- Nick shares advice for bands getting their music in the hands of a radio programmer